  From: Susan Eddisford
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 6:44 PM
  Subject: Learning outside the classroom manifesto

  I recently attended an excellent day organised by MLA South West on progress with the Learning outside the classroom manifesto.

  However I was concerned to hear that applications for badging would probably cost £100 per museum, irrespective of size. This is a considerable sum for small volunteer run museums. It seems to me that if the badging scheme is to have credibility and support it should be available to all museums who meet the education provision and delivery standards, not just those who can afford it.

  I would be interested to hear what Gemmers think.

  Best wishes
  Susan Eddisford
  Education Officer
  Tiverton Museum of Mid Devon Life