STAINED GLASS EFFECTS

Hello
Has anybody done a workshop to produce "stained glass" windows. I am working with a group of children who will not be able to manage glass - I was thinking about cutting out "lead" silhouettes in black paper, filling them in with tissue and then laminating the results so that they can be mounted on the window. I feel this is a very plodding solution - any recommendations for superior materials or templates?

Learning and behavioural issues so sharp tools and materials best avoided.
Many Thanks
Rachel

Rachel Bailey

Artefact Librarian

Islington Education Artefact Library
Block D, Barnsbury Park, London N1 1QG
Tel: 020 7527 5827
Fax 020 7527 5564

This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged; please note however the information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.

If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail.

Any part of this e-mail which is purely personal in nature is not authorised by London Borough of Islington.

If you wish to re-use the information, perhaps for commercial purposes, in a way which, without permission, might breach our copyright, please first read our policy on Re-use of Public Sector Information which can be found on our website http://www.islington.gov.uk/Council/CouncilStructure/Access_to_Information/FreedomofInformation/ReUsingInformation/  or alternatively e-mail [log in to unmask]

Contact Islington switchboard: +44 20 7527 2000 www.islington.gov.uk