We are running FSL 4.0.4 on a Mac Pro with a dual quad core (i.e. 8
processors) and would like to speed up the bedpostx processing by
running it on several processors in parallel. The "Parallelising
bedpost" link from the bedpostx documentation describes how to set a
number of environment variables; we did this, and verified that the
variables had the desired values, but when we ran bedpostx it only ran
on a single processor. When looking elsewhere in the FSL documentation
it mentions using a Sun Grid Engine (SGE) for running a number of FSL
tasks (including bedpost), so does bedpostx require the SGE to be
installed or does it use a different mechanism for doing the parallel
processing? Also, has anyone has managed to bedpostx to run in parallel
on a Mac without using the SGE and if so did they make any changes other
than those described in the documentation?

Thanks,

Richard

Richard Jones
Dept. of Radiology,