Just briefly to aid those of you calling up -
The children are ill.  They have not had their temperatures taken once since
they arrived at Yarl's Wood!  They only got medication on Thursday - and
then it was old and not refrigerated - which is essential to preserve it
safely.

They have still not been given the medication prescribed for the children by
a visiting doctor last Monday.  There is no one on site who knows about
Sickle Cell let alone anyone with a medical qualification other than a
nursing qualification.

The staff in the so-called medical centre suggest Brufen and CalPol - it
would be funny if it wasn't so awful.  The family's 4 by 5 meter cell with
two single beds and no cot, is cold at night.  They have 4 thin sheets and
no blankets between the five of them.  These are grossly inadequate sleeping
arrangements which exacerbate the children's conditions further.

The Disabled Children will not eat properly because they probably need
intravenous
fluids being so dehydrated.  Their haematologist says that Cyril Jason
almost certainly needs a blood transfusion.  She also says that she would be
strongly advising the family to take him to a hospital immediately if they
could.

A primary test for crisis in Sickle Cell Anaemia would I am advised, be
blood and urine tests.  These together with other basic vital signs tests
(such as
reflex) would form the basis of a primary diagnosis procedure (I am reliably
informed).

Despite asking for these rudimentary procedures repeatedly however, the
family has been refused them by the ""medical centre staff"".  If that is an
adequate  medical centre, I'll eat my hat!  Still, the good news is that,
thanks to
you all, they are now promising to let them go soon.

Please call if you haven't done so already and if you can, call again.

It seems that Yarl's Wood's current excuse is that the South Yorkshire
Immigration and Boarders Agency Office is poorly staffed: I suspect
however if they wanted to arrest someone they would be able to contact them.
Sunday early morning with double time at tax payers expense is ok
apparently.

We want the family out now. They are so relieved and excited that release is
imminent.

Well done everyone.

Best wishes,

Linda and Mike