   3rd International Design & Cinema Conference,19th - 22th November
2008
 Istanbul Technical University, Faculty of Architecture, Istanbul,
Turkey
 http://www.designcinema2008.org/ [1]
 CALL FOR WORKS
 Design-en-scène [di-'zIn-an-sen]: 1.designing into the scene. 2.
Everything designed that appears before the camera and its
arrangement sets, props, costumes, and lighting. 3. Design and Cinema
Conference
 EXHIBITION OF WORKS
 Since both design and cinema disciplines have physical outcomes,
Design Cinema 2008 would like to bring practices, researches and
creative outputs together under the 'works exhibition' and create a
rich and provoking platform during the conference.  We are open to
all artists, designers, scientists, professionals, amateurs and
students around the world working in various categories to share
their works with us. Critical and subversive works/interventions are
welcomed. Buildings, environments, products, film, television,
computers, costume, games, sound, all are expected to act as agents
of discussion.
 THEME
 The moving image has become a powerful medium for the representation
of designed worlds and revolutionized the abstraction of that which is
designed.  While designers have become more open to the interests of
cinema, cinema is expansively engaged with issues of design. The aim
of the conference is theorizing and rhetorizing the interpretation
and production of those environments assumed to exist as real,
hyper-real and/or virtual, embracing all hybrid forms.  We believe
that this theme will uncover those other far-reaching issues related
to the realized and potential mise-en-sc
 >real          Designing of objects and environments
                   Experience of the designed objects and
environments
 >hyper-real   Manipulation of the real
                      Blurring of the real
 >virtual    Creation of a parallel universe
                 Hybrid existences
 WORKS CATEGORIES
 Design Cinema 2008 offers to participants various categories for
submitting their works. This enables the jury to make comparisons
when evaluating the wide range of proposals submitted to the
conference. Categories are as follows (but not limited to):
 Share your Creativity
 Artworks, creative and artistic projects, applications,
performances, practices, etc.
 Share your Production
 Documentation of any kind that belong to categories of artistic
productions, sets, props, costumes, behind the scenes, etc.
 Share your Know-how
 Unique, ingenious, inspiring, informative solutions, methods,
motivations, etc.
 Share your Research and/or Concept
 Work that is ongoing or finalized; impressive concepts,
implementations, tools, and applications, workflows, etc.
 Share your Cross-border Journey
 Works that exceed more than one field or domain of research.
 SUBMISSION OF WORK ABSTRACTS
 Work Submission Entry Form should be filled and sent electronically
or physically to the conference works committee by June 30th.
 For detailed work submission guidelines and the entry form, please
visit the conference website:
 http://www.designcinema2008.org/ [2]
 For more information about submissions:
 [log in to unmask] [3]

Links:
------
[1] http://www.designcinema2008.org/
[2] http://www.designcinema2008.org/
[3]
http://designcinema2008.org/javascript:top.opencompose(\[log in to unmask]\',\'\',\'\',\'\')

www.digitalartsforum.org.uk
The Digital Arts Forum Website is a new site which offers its members the
opportunity to publish news, events and weblogs, as well as take part in
discussions, forums and online chat.
The Digital Arts Forum is aimed primarily at digital artists and arts
workers in the East Midlands region of the UK, although we welcome input
from members elsewhere. The Forum is managed by Anna Petry, Digital Arts
Development Officer at Broadway Cinema and Media Centre in Nottingham.
The Digital Arts Forum provides a meeting ground for digital artists and
arts professionals to discuss work, strategy and development. Through its
regular meetings and email discussion lists, it aims to bring together a
network of artists to develop collaborations and partnerships which will
build the quality and profile of digital arts in the region