From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List on behalf of Boyle Stephanie (RQ3) BCH
Sent: Mon 12/05/2008 16:36
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Radical re-design of a CAMHS - any ideas?

Hi folks,

I'd like to hear your views or recommendations on service design from a critical/community perspective. I'm interested in ideas and discussion about what a CAMH (Child and Adolescent Mental Health) service might look like or what issues it might address if designed from a critical psychology/community psychology perspective.

A little background information - I work in a large urban CAMHS in the UK which is in the process of thinking about how it might re-organise to better meet current demands (e.g. requirements of commissioners, new info from needs analyses conducted for the first time, etc.). Ideas are being welcomed but no guarantees about how ideas will be used(/not used/misusesd). There is an emphasis on partnership working and early intervention and prevention. Children's Trust arrangements (in theory joint commissioning and planning across Health and Local Authority for children's services) and top-down logic modelling (Dartington-I, e.g. a focus on planning deployment of resources to meet required outcomes via the use of interventions with proven efficacy) are some of the more local drivers which might make the service more amenable to certain kinds of ideas that would previously have been unthinkable (but which will also constrain in new ways too).

(Some of you may come across this same request in other places (post-Beyond Belief conference discussion; West Midlands CCIG) so apologies to you for cluttering up your inbox.)

I await your comments with interest.

TIA,

Stephanie

___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator Rebekah Pratt on [log in to unmask] or Grant Jeffrey on [log in to unmask]