Dear BASA

Please see below request from a colleague - Vastiana Belfon - at the Runnymede Trust.
If you are able to help, please respond to her directly at [log in to unmask]

Thanks

Nicola

I'm writing to ask for your help. The Real Histories Directory was
created by the Runnymede Trust as an online resource tool for teachers,
parents, pupils and the wider community to encourage teaching and
learning about cultural diversity across the UK. The Directory includes
information on culturally diverse toys and games, dual language
bookshops, museums, libraries, performance artists and organisations
providing resources on citizenship, race equality and human rights in
the UK.

We have a regular 'Topic of the Month' on the site. The aim is to
suggest ideas and resources to assist teachers in their teaching about
cultural diversity and each 'Topic' is accompanied by a downloadable
pdf. Past articles remain on the site in the archive section. Last year,
during the bicentenary of the Abolition of the Slave Trade Act, we
concentrated on the slave trade but have covered other subjects
including 'Migration' and 'Festivals'. You can see the current 'Topic'
at

http://www.realhistories.org.uk/index.php/articles.html

This year, we are concentrating more directly on individual National
Curriculum subject areas and to give ideas, examples of good practice
and resources for teachers to help them to further add the dimension of
cultural diversity to their classroom teaching. To date, we have had
contributions on Drama, History, English and Art will follow in June. We
are therefore looking for contributors who have experience of classroom
teaching to write articles on how cultural diversity can be brought into
the teaching of National Curriculum subjects. We would hope to cover
both primary and secondary school teaching, so contributors might like
to cover either age group or both. The articles are normally between
1000 and 1500 words long and I would research any additional resources
as well as the images myself.

I would be very grateful if you could point me in the direction of
anyone who might be willing to contribute a 'Topic of the Month' on
National Curriculum subject teaching or if you could circulate this
email to any of your contacts who might be interested.

Vastiana