Hello all,

I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about a person with dementia who drinks washing up water or cooking oil when they are thirsty. I can arrange to get them a bright red flask for drinks (the colour will stand out if I understand rightly) and get carers to reinforce using it.

Has anyone any other thoughts on directing them away from drinking whatever they see (dangerous!) to drinking what we want them to drink?

Thanks,

Aidan.

Aidan Parr
Telecare Team
Corporate Contact Centre,
Block 4, Floor 5, Shire Hall, Westgate Street, GL1 2TG

Office Number: 01452 427346

Work Mobile No: 0779 505 1964

Email: [log in to unmask]

Gloucestershire County Council is a top-rated four-star council

Think before you print - only print this email if absolutely necessary.

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and intended for the addressee only.
If you are not the named addressee you must not disclose, copy or take any action in
reliance of this transmission and you should notify us as soon as possible.

This email and any attachments are believed to be free from viruses but it is your
responsibility to carry out all necessary virus checks and Gloucestershire County Council
accepts no liability in connection therewith.