Apologies for cross posting

Dear All
Some of you may be aware that the Society of Archivists and CILIP signed a joint protocol in 2006 regarding joint working. As a way of taking this forward CILIP are offering some of their courses to Society members at the same rate as CILIP members pay. This is a discount of up to 40%. Details of the ten courses are below.  I would encourage Society members to take up this offer so that we are able to repeat it in the future.

Regards

John

Special discounted rates for Society of Archivists members

CILIP Training & Development provides the widest range of training for the library and information community.

We are pleased to offer special discounted rates for Society of Archivists members. You can now attend the following CILIP Training & Development courses at the CILIP member rate – up to 40% discount!

*REFLECTIVE PRACTICE *

*10 JUNE 2008, LONDON*

The ability to reflect on activity and learn from experience adds purpose and meaning to the way we work. Practise the techniques for reflection and identify the personal and organisational benefits to be gained from this one-day course.

*FULL DETAILS:* http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/persdev/reflectivepractice.htm

*LEADING OTHERS THROUGH CHANGE*

*24 JUNE 2008, LONDON*

Join other senior professionals and managers who are planning or implementing change on this one-day practical course. Identify responses to change in yourself and your staff and learn the processes of implementing change with minimal workplace resistance.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/md/leadingothersthroughchange.htm

*WEB 2.0: THE NUTS AND BOLTS*

*29 SEPTEMBER 2008, LONDON*

Learn how blogs and RSS feeds can help manage the flood of new and constant updated information available on the Internet. It is aimed at both the information professional who needs to keep up with developments and also those who are required to disseminate information.
*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/ict/web20thenutsandbolts.htm

*WEB 2.0: BUILDING ON THE BASICS*

*2 JULY OR 30 OCTOBER 2008, LONDON*

Don’t be left behind when it comes to web 2.0 - explore the ways in which shared search techniques; social bookmarking; saved data; wikis and other applications can not only promote the information centre, but provide a richness and depth of information to your users on this new one-day course.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/ict/Web20buildingonthebasics.htm

*DESK RESEARCH SKILLS*

*17 SEPTEMBER 2008, LONDON*

Staff can undertake detailed desk research often without any formal training, this practical one-day course is designed to help you achieve the best results for all types of research work.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/libinfo/deskresearchskills.htm

*HOW TO DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT A MENTORING SCHEME*

*30 SEPTEMBER 2008, LONDON*

A practical course for those who want to explore the concept of mentoring and mentoring schemes. Learn how to define and design a scheme suitable to your organisation and how evaluate the impact on those being mentored.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/persdev/howtodesignandimplementamentoringscheme.htm

*HANDLING ENQUIRIES REMOTELY: EFFECTIVE ENQUIRY ANSWERING BY PHONE AND EMAIL*

*26 JUNE 2008, BIRMINGHAM*

*4 NOVEMBER 2008, LONDON *

An enquiry handling course with a difference. When an enquirer can’t see or hear you, it’s vital to manage communications effectively to minimise the risk of misunderstanding or offence. This increasingly popular course demonstrates the special techniques needed in operating a remote enquiry service.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/libinfo/Handlingenquiriesremotely.htm

*PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT IN THE CPD CONTEXT*

*19 NOVEMBER 2008, LONDON*

This one-day course will look at a series of broad based planning tools that will enable you to become more effective in your personal development whilst giving you the techniques to facilitate the CPD of colleagues.

*FULL DETAILS:*

http://www.cilip.org.uk/training/training/2008/persdev/personalcpd.htm

*Places on all our courses are limited to guarantee high participation and interaction, provisional booking is recommended to secure your place. *

* *

*Please quote RSA/ARC when booking to receive CILIP personal member rate, discount applies to the above courses only.*

* *

*FOR FULL COURSE DETAILS OR TO BOOK A PROVISIONAL PLACE:*

*visit* www.cilip.org.uk <http://www.cilip.org.uk/>

*call* 020 7255 0560

*email* [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

--
John Chambers
Executive Director