Dear Colleagues,

I am pretty sure I've got some allspice in the flot from the primary fill
of a 19th cesspit from Payne's wharf (Greenwich/Deptford London). You'll
have to trust my provisional identification for now as I don't have
facilities to take photographs through my microscope yet. I've compared
them with my modern reference allspice and they look the same.

I'm writing the assessment and wanted to ask if any of you had found this
spice in samples from this area of London.

Allspice isn't on the ABCD list and I've found a paper describing some
Polish finds in which it refers to some English finds of allspice but
doesn't give any further details.

If any of you know of any finds, in London or elsewhere, do let me know.
I'll note them for whoever does the analysis.

Best Wishes,

Lisa

--
Lisa Gray MSc BA hons AIFA