Dear all,

A reminder that, on Wednesday 21st May, the RSS Leeds/Bradford local group will be hosting a panel
discussion on "The ethical responsibilities of a statistician".

Further details can be found on our webpage:

http://www.maths.leeds.ac.uk/statistics/rss/current.html#ETHICS

All welcome, and no need to reserve a place in advance.

Regards, Paul
Dr. Paul D. Baxter
Secretary/Treasurer, RSS Leeds/Bradford Local Group,
Department of Statistics, University of Leeds, Leeds, LS2 9JT,  UK.
Leeds/Bradford: Wednesday 21 May, 3pm, Leeds University

The RSS Code of Conduct states that all professional statisticians should:

1. Work within the public interest;

2. Uphold a duty of care to both their employers and their clients;

3. Uphold a duty of care toward the profession and its standards;

4. Maintain and build upon their professional competence.

In this session we intend to discuss the ethical responsibilities of a statistician. The discussion
will be led by a panel with expertise across the sectors of government, health, industry and medicine.

Each panel member will give their views followed by an open discussion. It is hoped that brief notes
of our discussions will be written up for RSS News. Confirmed panel members include:

Gill Eastabrook (Department of Health).

John Logsdon (Quantex Research and University of Lancaster).

Paul Marchant (Leeds Metropolitan University).

The meeting will be held at Leeds University’s Worsley Building on Level 6, Room Worsley LR 7
(6.55), starting at 3pm with refreshments from 2.30pm.