DEPARTMENT OF MATHEMATICS AND STATISTICS

CHAIR IN STATISTICS Ref A023
CHAIR IN APPLIED OR SOCIAL STATISTICS Ref A024
LECTURESHIP IN PURE MATHS Ref A025
LECTURESHIP IN APPLIED STATISTICS Ref A026

Salary:	Chairs: Professorial (£55,620 minimum)
	Lectureships: £30,013-£33,780

For the Statistics posts we are seeking applications from candidates who
are committed to research in any area of statistical theory and
methodology that reinforces the current areas of Departmental research
strengths. The Pure Mathematics Section is seeking to build strength in
Algebra to complement its existing group in Analysis. All candidates
should also have the potential to contribute significantly to the
Department’s teaching portfolio and to supervise PhD students and research
associates. Professorial candidates should have an international research
reputation.

The historic city of Lancaster provides an attractive environment near to
the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. Lancaster University carries an
international reputation for quality within Higher Education.

Informal enquiries for all posts can be made to: Professor Gordon Blower

General information about the Department can be found at:
http://www.maths.lancs.ac.uk

Closing date for applications: 27th May 2008 for the Lectureships; 29th
May 2008 for the Chairs.

To apply or receive further information please visit our website
www.lancs.ac.uk/hr/jobs
or telephone Human Resources quoting the appropriate reference on (01524)
846549 (answerphone).