I would like to find out what universities provide/fund for staff in the way of dyslexia screening and funding.  We have a very comprehensive service on offer to our students for a long time and are now wanting to develop a consistent approach for staff.

I thought a good starting point would be to ask others working in the field what service they offer their staff so I can get an idea of what is considered reasonable – eg should Kingston pay for screening, assessment, follow up support or is any element of that the responsibility of the member of staff?

At the moment the proposal is that the University should pay for the initial screening and a follow up interview but that the assessment is the responsibility of the member of staff.

Advice sought. Many thanks.

Tammy

Tammy Rich | Diversity and Equality

Diversity and Equality Unit | Kingston University | 53 Portland Road | Kingston | KT1 2SH

DL: 020 8417 4025 |  Internal: 64025 |  Fax: 020 8417 4159 | Mobile: 07917551846

P Save a tree... please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to

Security System.