Disability Equality Partnership

Inclusive policy and practice: Research Seminar Series

You are cordially invited to attend the next seminar in our series:

Enhancing the Quality and Outcomes of Disabled Students' Learning in
Higher Education

by

Dr Jan Georgeson, Gloucestershire

Professor Mick Healey, Gloucestershire

Hazel Roberts, Gloucestershire

Dr Moira Peelo, Lancaster

Thursday 5th June 2008

University of Gloucestershire Oxstall Campus, Gloucester Room TC218.

10.30am registration for 11am start, until 3pm

Morning presentations:

*        Mick Healey and Hazel Roberts 'University disabled students'
experiences of learning, teaching and assessment'

*        Jan Georgeson 'Different responses to difference: a tale of two
departments'

After lunch:

*        Moira Peelo 'Title to be confirmed'

*        Hazel Roberts and Jan Georgeson 'The role of identity in
disabled students' learning'

Presentations draw on an ESRC/TLRP project based at the University of
Gloucestershire which ran from January 2003 to December 2007. It was a
four year, multi-site project looking at the ways in which the HEs
studied have put in place policies and practices in relation
specifically to teaching, learning and assessment in recognition of
their duties towards disabled students under the SENDA (Part IV) and
subsequent legislation. In particular the project incorporated a small
longitudinal study focussing on disabled students' perceptions of
teaching, learning and assessment over the course of three years.
Presentations will focus on institutional cultures and the student
voice.

There are 40 free-of-charge places available for this seminar, and these
will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis.  You
should await confirmation of a place before attending.

To reserve your place, please email [log in to unmask] by 12.00pm
Thursday 29th May 2008.  Please indicate if you have any accessibility
or dietary requirements at the time of booking.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131