Leader for Interaction Design MA programme, Umeĺ University, Sweden

We are seeking a candidate to take on the role of programme leader for our MA Interaction Design
programme. The position is initially for one-year starting in September 2008 and is preferably
full-time. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining and developing the
content and direction of our internationally established MA programme in Interaction Design. You
will be working alongside our MA programme coordinator and the leaders of our 3 additional
educational programmes. You will also be expected to take active part in teaching and lecturing.

Additional responsibilities include maintaining contacts with external lecturers and partners,
advising students and the continued development and refinement of our educational practices.
You should also be interested in participating in research and development work.

We see the practice of interaction design as a user-centered process concerned with the design of
hardware, software, interactive media and information spaces. We emphasise an ethnographic
approach to design with a focus on user involvement in the design process. We cooperate closely
with industry and other organisations in both student project work and our applied research
programmes.

Desired qualifications include a Master's degree in Interaction Design or similar subject,
documented pedagogical skills and experience in developing relationships with external partners
and sponsors. Experience of working as an interaction designer or industrial designer within
industry is a significant merit. Good English language skills are essential. Demonstrated
professional or research expertise in one or more of the following areas is an advantage:

* Industrial Design
* Human-computer interaction
* Design Ethnography & Participatory Design
* Graphic Design
* Media and Communication
* Interaction Prototyping

In accordance with chapter 4, paragraph 9 of the Higher Education Act, qualification for
employment as an assistant lecturer includes an undergraduate degree or its equivalent,
completion of university level education training, or in some other way gained equivalent
expertise and proven educational skills.

For more information contact Professor Mike Stott or Head of Insitute Tapio Alakörkkö.

Professor Mike Stott
+46 (0)8-26 88 94

Tapio Alakörkkö
+46-(0)90-786 98 35

Union information is available from SACO, +46-(0)90-786 53 65, SEKO civil, +46-(0)90-786 52
96 and ST, +46-(0)90-786 54 31. Documents sent electronically should be in MS Word or PDF
format.

Your complete application, marked with reference number 316-1770-08 should be sent to
<[log in to unmask]> or to the Registrar, Umeĺ University, SE-901 87 Umeĺ, Sweden to arrive June
2nd, 2008 at the latest.

Umea Institute of Design
http://www.dh.umu.se

The students of the programme are running and updating the http://www.interactiondesign.se
website with ongoing projects, interaction design news/information and more.

--

Camille Moussette
PhD student

email: [log in to unmask]