On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Malcolm J. Currie wrote:

>> Great. sorry for all the repetitive patching.
>
> All the docs/ tree LaTeX manuals that had HTML have been modified and
> committed plus a few that hadn't now have HTML and some links.  Now
> there are some old documents that were never turned into hypertext.  Are
> we doing anything about those?

I think the big thing is to get the document server software into
subversion so that we have the possibility of moving servers.

Of course, if all documents are included in the starlink distributions
with html from a make world then the document server only handles hardcopy
links. That's still an issue though.

We install the postscript files into /star/docs/ (or wherever) and at JAC
at least we have http://docs.jach.hawaii.edu/star/ pointing to our
/star/docs so that sun95.html could refer to ../sun95.ps without going
through the document server. This would work for file:// links from findme
as well.

Of course, installing PDF would be better.

David: AST doesn't seem to install a sun211.ps.

--
Tim Jenness
JAC software