I'm a postdoc with Peter Bandettini and we're working with Dr.  David Kennedy from MGH, who is
the director of the Neuroinformatic Tools and Resources Clearninghouse (NITRC) to assess the
usefulness of specialized research discussion groups that don't necessarily focus on a particular
modality or software package.

We created at group at:
http://www.nitrc.org/projects/fluctuations

This particular group will focus on the methodology and applications of task independent
fluctuation measures including: connectivity maps of fMRI  resting state scans, research using
EEG/MEG/PET etc, methods to remove non-neural fluctuations, and applications to clinical
populations.

The goal is  to make this resource for users who want to study this topic and for those who want
to be able to directly compare the methods used by different groups. The wiki  contains some
information including a list of references and a data  analysis stream. The forum will hopefully be
a place for  discussion. Scripts and small programs can also be shared through this group.

We are trying to determine what is or is not useful or practical regarding this webpage
clearinghouse approach. If you have opinions, please post them on the forum or email me
directly. If you're going to be at ISMRM and want to talk in  person, email me or comment at:
http://www.nitrc.org/forum/forum.php?thread_id=366&forum_id=316
Our initial experience with this will be described at the upcoming OHBM meeting during a
workshop organized by David Kennedy.

Thanks very much,

Dan Handwerker
http://fim.nimh.nih.gov/

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any
attachments, is for the sole use of the intended
recipient(s) and may contain confidential, proprietary,
and/or privileged information protected by law. If you are
not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, or
distribute this e-mail message or its attachments. If you
believe you have received this e-mail message in error,
please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
copies of the original message