Dear all,

Is it possible, with spm command line functions, to read and write 4D
NifTI files?

After
	V=spm_vol('fmri_TR2.nii');
with fmri_TR2.nii a 4D NifTI data set, I get an array V of records about
the individual volumes in the 4D data set.

The fastest way that I know to read data is spm_read_vols, but due to
the NifTI record of my file being split into N separate records (???),
spm_read_vols only load one volume at a time.

For fast reading and writing of 4D data, is there a way to not do this
splitting of NifTI records, and load/save the data as a 4D array?

Many thanks
Alle Meije