Is there a test that turns off the filtering if an invalid value is found
in that field?  In signal processing, saying that a filter has an infinite
impulse response means that it is an IIR filter as opposed to an FIR
filter, which would imply other properties of the coefficients of the
difference equation.  It would be better for software to have a different
means of turning off high pass filtering, rather than Inf, which has a
theoretical meaning.
Linda Seltzer
UC Davis