Welcome to Christine Standing who joins the e-seminar today. Christine's
professional practice is in art therapy and here are some of Christine's
interests:

a)  primarily, I know which aspect of professional practice (art therapy) I
want to improve.  I want to bring in to the picture the theological (not
simply spiritual) dimension; this was missing during my training.
b)  For the City University 'my personal learning goal' is to develop a way
of speaking about art that includes the spiritual and that may be spoken of
theologically and soundly.  (from the Christian perspective)
c)  I want to begin with paintings.  My own; my clients, (and theology
students for exegesis.)  Cycles of inquiry will evaluate and re-evaluate
which I am doing.
d)  My subsequent step will be, to go back to the creative process and
narrate it and in tracking that, say why I am making the decisions I am.  I
expect my explanations of ontological values and epistemology with develop
through this.  (And a Sat 7 person has offered to film me doing this.)
e) Find some 'friends', Kant, Schopenauer, Nietzche, Polanyi to substantiate
my views.  However, the art comes first, the description of it, and my
esteemed friends come second!

Christine - welcome to the e-seminar. I think you are focusing on issues
that will resonate with a focus of some of the recent postings on breaking
free from constraints of traditional scholarship. If the present threads
don't relate clearly with your interests do please begin one that does.

Love Jack.