On 22 Apr 2008, at 02:05, Louise Phillips wrote:

> Two weeks ago I engaged in a very small action research project and
> have developed a new genre of action research - "Extreme action
> research" For a bit of fun have a read/ ponder/ laugh/buzz....

Just had a read/ponder/laugh and buzz on reading Louise's 'Extreme
action research' . Seems to me that this form of representation is
part of an answer to Louise's question 'How do I break free of the
traditional scholarship model as a Ph.D. student?'  The account flows
with the life-affirming energy that is missing from most writings on
educational research. A video might add to the communication of the
energy although the communicative power of Louise's story took my
imagination into her living experience with the trapeze!

Just a couple of responses before started to work on the explanation
prompted by Alan's point:

"...I now feel that I/we may now be positioned to explain my/our
living educational practice in terms of receptively and responsively
communicating the evolutionary understanding of life as a gift of
natural inclusion in co-creative energy flow, to be held and passed on
with love and care..."

At last night's Monday evening conversation in the Senior Common at
the UoB Pip was over on a visit from New Zealand and the conversation
included points from Pip's recent paper in the BERA publication
Research Intelligence - You can access the text of Pip's paper at:
http://jackwhitehead.com/jack/pipbrucefergusonRI.htm . Drawing on her
experience of Maori culture Pip explains why we should be extending
the forms of representation we use in educational research.

You might find something useful, for finding your own forms of
narrative/representations in your own research, in the notes I've
prepared for this week's masters sessions with references to the 2007
Handbook of Narrative Inquiry edited by Jean Clandinin, and Michael
Watts' chapter on narrative research, narrative capital and narrative
capability from the 2008 book edited by Jerome Satterthwaite on
'Talking Truth Confronting Power'.  You can access these notes at: http://www.jackwhitehead.com/tuesdayma/jwnarrativet&t22&24april08.htm
  .
Looking forward to sharing more stories on 'Extreme action research'.

Love Jack.