From: Alan Rayner <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2008 13:31:47 +0100
Subject: Re: A note from the 2007-8 e-seminar convenor

Dear Christine,

Very glad you enjoyed it.

Yes, do feel free to get back to me whenever you wish.

Bringing my innermost thoughts and feelings into the open does make me
apprehensive, knowing the way our culture currently works and pokes fun, if
not much worse, at what it doesn't like or understand. But I also have the
prickling feeling, especially as an educator, of 'what is life for, if not
to share one's experience, even and especially painful experience, for all
to learn from?' I also think that creativity is not a possession, but what
flows through our unique local identities from the non-locality of
everywhere. This makes the kind of creativity and vulnerability that wants
to hide itself away in a dark corner extremely understandable but
ultimately self-defeating. Those thoughts and feelings have spurred me on
to display my work in public. Even if no-one then notices, it brings me
some relief to know at least that I've tried to make it available.

Warmest

Alan

--On 11 April 2008 09:46 +0100 "STANDING, Christine" <[log in to unmask]>