Hi All,

within my research I focused in the past weeks on the concept of textual
matter, as a part of the design discourse. And as everybody know, that the
design discourse needs to be understood as a discourse beyond pure text,
there are papers, which indicate as well as verbal discourse, discourse in
images as as well as objects. That understanding is also in alignment with
the classical Foucault understanding of textual matter comprehending
discourses in images as well. I started to define the discourse formation in
media matter instead of textual matter to describe what Cross called the
designerly ways of knowing.
Does anybody have an idea regarding the use of the term 'media matter' or
does somebody even knows a paper?

Jurgen Faust

CAO, IED.it