Dear Satoshi -- and All! --

The Design Research Society publishes a hybrid member newsletter and journal
titled Design Research Quarterly. In addition to member news, the journal
section publishes articles focused on research methods, researtch skills,
research training, and research education. The articles are peer reviewed by
an editorial advisory board of renowned scholars such as Donald Norman,
Sharon Poggenpohl, Clive Dilnot, and Kun-Pyo Lee.

The journal is available to members only for six months, and membership
includes a subscription to current issues. After the six-month members-only
embargo, the journal is available as an open-access.

DRQ has a track record of strong articles by such leading scholars as Liz
Sanders, Nigel Cross, Linda Drew, Chuck Owen, David Sless, Kristina
Niedderer, and Jeffrey Williams.

One series launched by editor Peter Storkerson is perfectly suited to
current research  by doctoral students and ECRs as well as work by
experienced research. This is the call for Case Studies in Research:
Knowledge and Inquiry.

Satoshi's post reminded of DRQ -- then I began to wonder why anyone is
complaining about the lack of good venues for doctoral students and ECRs
when one good venue is begging for articles that are beautifully suited to
premilinary reports and serious inquiries that emerge from the incomplete
but potentially significant results of early career research.

This is a real opportunity. It's a young journal, but serious, respected and
peer reviewed -- it certainly counts in the Scandinavian metric system, and
as a peer reviewed journal, articles should count for anyone.

Yours,

Ken

--

To see (and read) the journal, go to the DRS web site:

http://www.designresearchsociety.org/joomla/index.php

Click on "publications," and then click on "Design Research Quarterly."

Use the free registration process to access open access back issues.