Hello List,

I have been lurking and reading all contributions one thing that has come
up a few times is the notion of managing an open source project, engaged
participation and the idea of democracy.

The main question I would like to raise in this thread is -- "Is Open
Source a Democratic system"?

As a co-founder of an Open Source organisation I sympathise greatly with
Katie Hargraves comments in an earlier thread on questions of leadership
within her organisation. I was at a talk a while back about a project we
were involved in called Grow Your Own Media Lab
http://ptechnic.org/gyoml/gyoml-data.html. I had to discuss our
participation in this project. It came as a great relief to me when the
speaker before me described the management of his large organisation as
chaos as I thought I would be the first to admit it.

Dominic
http://ptechnic.org