Oh boy. I hope no Schiedammers read this.

>4)  Lidwina (d. 1433).  L. (Liduina, Ludwina, Lidwigis, etc.) was born into a poor family in the Rotterdam suburb of Schiedam.

Schiedam is a very old city. It was founded ca 1230, got their official city-status in 1275, which was 25 years before Rotterdam. R only took off after 1340 when S was already a thriving fishing town. It still is a separate community (gemeente, we call that) and although much smaller than big R, the inhabitants are fiercely proud of their city. Don’t let them hear you calling them a R suburb, they might force-feed you a bottle of their famous Schiedam ‘jenever’, which you probably won’t survive.

Henk

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis SPAMfighter vandaag nog! ********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: join medieval-religion YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: leave medieval-religion to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/medieval-religion.html