From: Diana Wright <[log in to unmask]>

> Ordinarily I would agree, & perhaps in your house, but the other person
got to the house 40 years before I did & has pretty well done for the stair
space, especially as his study is half-way up.

i think that C.T. was thinking of using the stairs to "organize" papers you've
written using the old-fashioned "gravity" method --starting with a stack up at
the head of the stairs and giving it a Good Hard Toss.

certainly worked for me whenever i had to grade student exams.

simple.

swift.

efficient.

and, above all, "Fair"

> Cecil T Ault wrote:
> > medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and culture
> >
> > The staircase is really exellent for organizing papers, especially if
> > you have a very tall house.  yrs, t. ault
> >

> > On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 12:23:05 -0700
> >  Diana Wright <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >> medieval-religion: Scholarly discussions of medieval religion and
> >> culture
> >>
> >> This question is for the rest of you who are NOT librarians.  How do
> >> you organize your files --  notes, offprints, photocopies, notebooks,
> >> etc. -- & still keep things handy while you are writing?  I think I
> >> have reached some kind of tipping point. My ideal space would have a
> >> couple of very long, parallel tables for stacking & spreading, but I
> >> am pretty well limited to a small desk in a small bedroom for the
> >> files and papers, although books are allowed all over the house. [It
> >> was quite a struggle, though, to get them out of the bathroom closet,
> >> but after a good pout they settled onto the staircase.]  The issue
> >> here is all the non-book stuff.
> >>

> >> DW

> to: [log in to unmask]
> to: [log in to unmask]