From: Anthony John Lappin <[log in to unmask]>

> To provide the cauda (which points forwards) for the E caudata (or for
those
who read Polish, the ogonek),

well, ogoneks aside, you really wouldn't *believe* how Rusty my Polish is,
just at present.

>try the unicode code: E+0328 altX; the same goes for the miniscule (e+0328
altX). You need to highlight the number and press alt+x.

> If you want E-cedilla (which points backwards), then E+0327 altX;
e-cedilla,
e+0327 altX

*way* too complicated for Simple Minds.

esp. now that the new, "improved" version of WORD has changed some of the
Alt-combinations.

but thanks for the Terminological HeadsUp --actually i am not transcribing
from a ms. but only doing OCR proofing from a printed text.

which does, indeed, have backwards cidillas (or maybe those are ogoneks, i
can't tell for sure).

its been so long since i worked with mss. that i can't recall whether they
were backwards caudatas or not --probably not, i suppose.

in any case, many thanks, AJL.

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]