IN SHORT JOURNAL
CALL FOR PAPERS

The University of Miami is currently accepting submissions for its new peer
reviewed online journal devoted to the study of short moving images. The
journal has been created to construct a scholarly response to recent media
developments in viral videos and forms of "remote controlled viewing." The
inaugural issue will be coming out on May 15th. Editors and associates of
the journal include Dr. William Rothman, Dr. Christina Lane, and Dr. Sam
Grogg.

We seek submissions on the following topics:

Short films
Music Videos
Commercials
Video Art
You-tube/Online Videos
T.V. episodes
Readings of a single scene from a longer film.

We are inspired by articles written about pieces that are less than thirty
minutes in length and that are no longer than 12 pages. We want the article
form to reflect the shortened media form. Make your point quickly and
clearly. The deadline for the next issue is May 1st, 2008. We accept
submissions for other issues on a rolling basis. Please submit questions
and articles to Nicole Richter: inshortjournal_at_gmail.com.

--
Iain Robert Smith
Institute of Film and Television

Head of Communications,
MeCCSA Post-Graduate Network
website: http://www.meccsa.org.uk/pgn/

Articles Editor,
Scope: An Online Journal of Film and Television Studies
website: http://www.scope.nottingham.ac.uk/