Hi Tony

What I refer to - probably erroneously - as Google's new 'benchmarking
service' is in fact their recently launched Data Sharing option,
accessed through your Google Analytics homepage. This GA Dating Sharing
effort involves webmasters signing up to share web stat info (gathered
by Google Analytics) from your own site anonymously with the uber-Google
database. You are then able to download comparitive stats from what
Google describes as 'similar sites'.

I signed up to see if would be possible to get some sort of consistent
comparison figures with other culture websites worldwide - but the Goog
website then said it would take 'a few weeks' for our data to be taken
in and processed and then offered back to us. Anyone else tried it?

In the meantime, I notice that our Google Analytics interface slowed
down to a crawl - so I've now opted out.

I've tried all variations of browser etc, but it's still slow.

Jon

Jon Pratty
Head of Content
Culture24

01273 623336 (direct)
01273 623266 (main office number)
07739 287392 (mobile)

Culture24 is the new name for the 24 Hour Museum - an independent
charity who publish a family of websites including:
www.24hourmuseum.org.uk
www.show.me.uk
www.icons.org.uk

Partnerships: