-----Original Message-----
From: Bibliographic standards in UK libraries
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Vicky Robertson
Sent: 22 April 2008 1:50 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Moving from UKMARC to MARC 21

Dear all,

At present, we catalogue items at my institution on our library management
system Unicorn in UKMARC format but have been advised to move to MARC 21.

I would be grateful if people could let me know the following:

- If people have moved from UKMARC to MARC 21 and why they moved

- Experiences of using MARC 21

- the advantages and disadvantages of moving to MARC 21

- any hints or tips at dealing with MARC 21

Thanks very much

Vicky Robertson
School of Pharmacy Library

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government
Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership
with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of
problems, please call your organisation's IT Helpdesk.
Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.

This email and any files transmitted with it are private and intended
If you have received this email in error please return it to the address
it came from telling them it is not for you and then delete it from your system.

This email message has been swept for computer viruses.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.