Slough Library is currently looking into using web 2.0 in a number of
ways.

We're shortly going to set up a local history wiki. We are hoping to
target people who remember Slough over the last few decades in a hope to
get them to help answer those annoying local studies questions that
books can't answer - questions like "what was that road like in the
1960s" or "does anyone recognize this photo".

Our new library website will have RSS feeds. This will hopefully keep
readers up to date.

Our public information database, www.SloughCommunity.info
<http://www.sloughcommunity.info/> , is user led in as much as the
public is given passwords to edit and update their own group's
information.

We're also having a module added to our local history website,
www.SloughHistoryOnline.org.uk <http://www.sloughhistoryonline.org.uk/>
, which will allow users to add their own memories, pictures etc. We've
also made sure that it has lots of links on wikipedia.

We would also like to play with podcasts.

Best wishes,

Tony Pilmer

Local Studies Librarian

Slough Library