  • Dear All,
    Map Curators’ Workshop Wednesday afternoon 3 September and Thursday morning 4 September 2008.

    To keep everyone informed the programme for the MCG Workshop is now complete.

    Venue Harben House Devere Hotel, Tickford Street, Newport Pagnell Bucks MK16 6EY

    As noted earlier the visit this year is to the Museum of Military Intelligence at Chicksands on the afternoon of Wednesday 3 September and in the evening the annual business meeting.

    Please send items for discussion to Tinho - [log in to unmask]

    As I mentioned earlier the programme change is because the timetable for the BCS Symposium has changed.

    Workshop Thursday morning 4 September

    Theme “The map library as a GIS lab…”

    Speakers as follows in no particular order:

    ·        Chris Fleet, National Library of Scotland. “Putting old maps in their place?  Practicalities of geo-referencing and delivering historical maps online”.

         ·        Kimberly Kowal, British Library Map Library “Google Earth: maps in   space”

    ·        Nigel James, Bodleian Map Library.  “Pioneering GIS in the map library”

    ·        Matthew Woollard. UK Data Archive. “A brief introduction to archiving geographic data”

    Any queries or questions to me off-list.

    Ann Sutherland
    Convener Map Curators’ Group, BCS