Andy wrote:

> Assuming you have a PC capable of opening these very large
> PDF files, they can easily be split up into smaller chunks
> using Adobe Acrobat Professional - unlike Acrobat Reader this
> is not free, but it's not particularly expensive to purchase.

I have this. Rather to my surprise, the file isn't locked to prevent
extraction of files. So I could do this, copyright law permitting.

> However the question remains, why should you have to go to
> all of this effort to make the files usable; why can't the
> publishers do the work for you?

Indeed ...
--
Sheila Thomas BA MCLIP MWeldI
Weldasearch Manager

TWI Ltd
Registered Number: 3859442 England
Registered Office: Granta Park, Great Abington, Cambridge, CB21 6AL, UK

The information in this e-mail is confidential, and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the person(s) specified in the
above address.  Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised,
and any disclosure, copying, distribution or other use of this e-mail
is prohibited and may be unlawful.  We will not under any circumstances
have any responsibility or liability arising out of or in connection
with any unauthorised use of this e-mail.  Please inform us if this
message has gone astray before deleting it.

Please note that all e-mail is monitored.

When sending e-mails to TWI, please help us by including your name,
company, and details in your e-mail signature.

Seeking Technical Information? Industrial Members can access data as
JoinIT registrants on http://www.twi.co.uk