From: Carina Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, 10 April, 2008 5:19:03 PM
Subject: Flexible Education Space for Corporate Functions and Weddings

Hello

We are currently planning for a new learning centre which would be used to
deliver the museum services' education programme as well as being as place
for community and adult learning.  Whilst hoping to provide a welcoming
and motivational learning space, the challenge is that the same space must
also cater for corporate functions and weddings.

Therefore, does anyone have experience of providing these very different
requirements in one space?  If so, how do you manage this successfully in
terms of design and flexibility of space?  Are there resources/ equipment
that you could recommend that has easy manoeuvrability and the ability to
change the look of a space from education to "blank canvas"?

Also, ideally, I would still like to provide display space on the walls to
support children's work, marketing, etc, does anyone have any suggestions
on ways these could be covered quickly, apart from curtains?

Many many thanks in advance.

Regards
Carina

Carina Cameron