I'm not sure if there's more you should be doing, but you shouldn't be using the dti_FA image in FLIRT to get the str2diff.mat.  Instead you should be using the nodif_brain image.  Not sure if that will solve your problem but it might help.  Good luck!

Kristen

-----Original Message-----
From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library on behalf of Ravi Shetty
Sent: Mon 4/7/2008 4:40 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] T1 and DTI Registration problems

Sorry I am not sure if I quite follow. I have been registering my diffusion
data(dti_FA) to the reference image(T1 weighted) and I believe that would
give me the equivalent of the str2diff.mat. From there I use that matrix to
convert the ROI mask I created on my T1 weighted image into diffusion space.
I then overlay that new diffusion space ROI mask onto my original diffusion
image and see if the images are being registered correctly. I use this
method to check because the images outputed after registration always seem
to line up pretty well but once I run probtrackx my results were very off.
This just seemed a faster way to check the registrations accuracy. Please
let me know if I seem to be missing a step. Thanks.