Steve,

Thank you for your reply. Just have a few more questions though.

1) In the FSL manual it says to use MELODIC before the data is processed
(and BETed I imagine). I guess this is supposed to make it easier to detect
motion if you see "activity" closer to the skull. My question then is, does
it matter when MELODIC is applied?

2) Are there any pictorial representations of what motion in the MELODIC
output would look like? As I stated previously, I feel very hesitant to just
go in there and start judging things as motion without any type of criteria.

3)If motion parameters are added to the GLM, does this have to be done for
all subjects (since the degrees of freedom would be reduced)? Would the same
be true for MELODIC noise removal, even though in that case the number of
reduced DFs might vary per subject?

Thank you,

Carlos Faraco