I have found that running fast4, restoring the image with the bias field,
and then rerunning fast4 several times gives a better estimation of the bias
field than just running fast4 a single time.  I tried to duplicate this by
increasing the number of main-loop iterations during bias-field removal (the
--tier option) from 4 to 8, for example, but this gave exactly the same
result for the bias field restoration.  How would I get the same improvement
in bias field estimation without rerunning the program several times (and
wasting time calculating segmentations that I don't plan to use)?  Also, are
there any settings I should change for non-human primates with their smaller
brains?  It seems like sulci are often smoothed out of the segmented image.

Thanks,

Matt.