Hi,

By a scaled mask I mean the mask scaled by a value.
That is, multiply the mask by a value, don't just add a
value, because 10 and 11 are similar enough (and probably
small with respect to the residuals) that it will still struggle
to calculate a sensible mask in the processing.

Instead multiply your mask by a number that is clearly a
lot larger than the values in your residuals and then add
that result to the residuals.

Hopefully that will sort out the problem.
All the best,
    Mark