Hi,

Yes, see the sections on GLM and contrasts in the FEAT manual,
including the appendix for some info on the GLM. The difference
between the t-test and the multiple regression (GLM) with added
confounds is that the extra covariates (confounds) soak up variance in
the data and reduce residuals (which generally increases Z-stats), and
also may correlate partially with the regressors of interest (unless
you orthogonalise), which can reduce Z-stats.

Cheers.

+44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)