Hi Longchuan,

1) When you are using path distribution mode, each voxel contains the number
of samples that pass through it between seed and target.  Sometimes, the
samples sent out from multiple seed voxels will pass through a particular
voxel in the brain, leading to numbers of samples greater than the total
sent out from each seed voxel.  This happens in particular when you have
your seed near the cortical termination of a pathway and you are looking at
the probabilities in voxels of the deep white matter of the pathway.
Samples from multiple seed voxels will converge in the deep white matter
leading to higher probabilities.

2) When you are using seed classification mode, you will get results called
seeds_to_<some target>, which have values in the same region as your seed.
For each voxel in the seed, the seeds_to_target file contains the number of
samples that reached the target.  These are particularly useful for doing
the kind of hard segmentation we talked about yesterday at lunch.

I think you should give some more details about exactly what question you
are trying to ask of the data.  Also, so long as you include the --xfm
argument (or seed space is not diffusion) and provide a transformation
matrix, it is okay to use seed masks that are on the T1.

Peace,

Matt.

  _____