Dear FSL,

I have a 64-bit Mac. fslview has been crashing when viewing
"all_FA.nii.gz" from TBSS using fslview on the Mac, but I have no
trouble on linux.

I have a large number of subjects (206), so it is a BIG file,
considering each subject is in 1mm MNI space. However, I don't have
any trouble with other fsl programs, such as fslmaths or fslmerge,
even when working with these huge files. I'm wondering if fslview for
the Mac is completely 64-bit, since I have no other problems with any
other fsl program.

Below is the output when the program crashes:

fslview(12594) malloc: *** mmap(size=14442496) failed (error code=12)
*** error: can't allocate region
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
/usr/local/fsl/bin/fslview: line 8: 12594 Abort trap
${FSLDIR}/bin/fslview.app/Contents/MacOS/fslview $@

Many thanks,

Robert Terwilliger
Laboratory of Neurocognitive Development
University of Pittsburgh