Hello Bjorn,

yes you are right, you first specify activation and then you run
POSSUM.  You can crate the activation file in many ways. One way
would be if you combine the tissues types of your input phantom into
one volume (you give them some weighting csf*1+gry*0.7+wht*0.5 so
that you can see clearly where the different tissues are). This will
give you a good feeling for the structure. Then, in fslview, you can
draw a mask on the top of this structure, and then save it as your
activation region (see ~/fsl/data/possum/activation3D.nii.gz). Once
you have the region, you then create a timecourse file which defines
the behavior of the T2* parameter for this region during the
experiment (e.g. follows the stimulus in your experiment ). For an
example of this file look at ~/fsl/data/possum/activation3Dtimecourse .

Then you run POSSUM with extra options

possum  ....     -a activation3D -t activation3Dtimecourse

Hope this helps,
Ivana

  You specify activation on your input phantom, which in POSSUM_gui
is by default MNI Collin's brain ( $FSLDIR/data/possum/brain.nii.gz).
There are many ways