Hi,

I would like to double-check a couple of things:
1. After randomise on TBSS data (a simple group comparison with two contrast
1 -1 and -1 1), if I consider this as a 2-tailed test in displaying the
result of p-values (eg. Maxc_tstat) I view it as 0.975-1 (if the p-value I
want is p<0.05). Is it correct?

2. Demeaning the values in randomise: There are two options:
- to add an additional EV (with "1" only) and add -D in the command line
- to enter already demeaned values into the design.
Is it correct?

3. What will really happen if I don't demean my data (in case I should)?

4. Is the design below correct for the correlation of TBSS data with 1 EV of
some demeaned parameter x? Should I run it with -D or without?

/ContrastName1    x
/NumWaves    1
/NumContrasts    1
/PPheights        6.651000e+03
/RequiredEffect        5.308

/Matrix
1.000000e+00

/NumWaves    1
/NumPoints    17
/PPheights        6.651000e+03

/Matrix
-1.492000e+03
5.159000e+03
8.620000e+02
-1.361000e+03
-9.570000e+02
-1.162000e+03
-1.444000e+03
6.610000e+02
-4.190000e+02
-9.280000e+02
-1.287000e+03
3.091000e+03
2.097000e+03
-1.013000e+03
-1.038000e+03
-6.870000e+02
-7.600000e+01

5. Is this a correct design for correlation of TBSS data with parameter x,
with parameter y as a covariate ("controlling for y")? Do I enter other
parameters in randomise as before (eg. t-value threshold, etc.?)
/NumWaves    2
/NumPoints    17
/PPheights        6.651000e+03    8.000000e+00

/Matrix
-1.492000e+03    0.000000e+00
5.159000e+03    1.000000e+00
8.620000e+02    -4.000000e+00
-1.361000e+03    -4.000000e+00
-9.570000e+02    0.000000e+00
-1.162000e+03    -1.000000e+00
-1.444000e+03    0.000000e+00
6.610000e+02    -1.000000e+00
-4.190000e+02    0.000000e+00
-9.280000e+02    0.000000e+00
-1.287000e+03    2.000000e+00
3.091000e+03    -2.000000e+00
2.097000e+03    -1.000000e+00
-1.013000e+03    4.000000e+00
-1.038000e+03    -1.000000e+00
-6.870000e+02    2.000000e+00

/ContrastName1   x
/ContrastName2   y
/ContrastName3    x(y)
/NumWaves    2
/NumContrasts    3
/PPheights        7.017095e+03    8.046171e+00    8.045551e+00
/RequiredEffect        5.870    5.827    5.827

/Matrix
1.000000e+00 0.000000e+00
0.000000e+00 1.000000e+00
1.000000e+00 1.000000e+00

-7.600000e+01    -3.000000e+00

6. What is the minimum of subjects one needs to perform a decent correlation
analysis in such case?

7. Is it possible to perform a hierarchical multiple regression in glm?

I will be very grateful for your advice.
Best,
Aga