Dear Tim:

I've struggled with these issues in a study in which we looked at levels
of evidence provided by the urological literature.

My take would be that your study should be categorized as level 4 since
you did not prospectively study two (parallel) cohorts over time. Your
retrospective component is the weakest link, so to speak.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say.

Ph*

Philipp Dahm, MD, MHSc, FACS
Associate Professor of Urology, Associate Residency Program Director &
Director of Clinical Research Department of Urology University of
Florida College of Medicine, Health Science Center Box 100247, Room
N2-15 Gainesville, FL 32610-0247
Phone:  (352) 273-7647
Fax: (352) 392-8846
Email: [log in to unmask]

This communication may contain information that is legally exempt from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient, please note that any
prohibited. Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the
sender immediately by telephone, or by return email and delete the
message from their computer.