To the Editors:

I am writing to the editors of ephemera concerning the published paper ‘Entangled Logics and Grassroots Imaginaries of Global Justice Networks’ ephemera, 2006, 15, 5, 839-859) for which I was co-author. Subsequent to publication, I have learned that certain conceptual ideas and passages of text used in the paper were not properly accredited to their author, the anthropologist, Jeffrey S. Juris (Assistant Professor of Anthropology, Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Arizona State University). While this was not deliberate, and arose while writing on documents in and between multiple field sites in Asia, it is, nevertheless, a regrettable and serious oversight, for which I claim sole responsibility.

Juris’ work on transnational networks has been an important inspiration for some of my own thinking, in particular his 2004 doctoral research entitled Digital Age Activism: Anti-Corporate Globalization and the Cultural Politics of Transnational Networking’ (Ph.D. Dissertation, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Anthropology). In both his dissertation, and subsequent work (e.g. Juris, 2004b; 2005a; 2005b), Juris has made a significant contribution to the conceptual thinking on transnational network organization, structure and practice. The paper that was published in ephemera (which has now been corrected) drew, in part, upon Juris’ work on network’s operational logics, communicative infrastructures, inherent embodied practices and power relations, and discursive strategies and tactics that were analysed in his dissertation. The fact that full reference to this work was omitted from the paper remains an issue of the deepest regret, for which I tender this apology.

Sincerely

Paul Routledge