**apologies for cross posting**

We are pleased to announce the next in our series of free-of-charge research seminars. Please note the booking details below.

The full list of seminars is available on the Higher Education Academy website at www.heacademy.ac.uk/ourwork/learning/disability/events

Disability Equality Partnership

Inclusive policy and practice: Research Seminar Series

You are cordially invited to attend the next seminar in our series:

Virtual Learning Environments: Removing barriers and enhancing the learning experience for students with disabilities
by

Catherine Gerrard and Val Norval

Thursday 29th May 2008

University of the West of Scotland, Paisley Campus

Centre for Academic and Professional Development, H334

10.15am start. Buffet lunch from 1pm.

The aim of this seminar is to encourage participants to reflect on the extent to which use of a virtual learning environment (VLE) could be considered inclusive in terms of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act. The seminar will be based on a piece of research that was undertaken with several students with various disabilities within the University of the West of Scotland The seminar will focus on how the pedagogical application of a VLE can impact on the learning experience of disabled students. This seminar will be quite interactive and those attending will be expected to participate in a 30 minute workshop exercise.

There are 30 free-of-charge places available for this seminar, and these will be allocated on a strictly first-come-first served basis.  You should await confirmation of a place before attending.

To reserve your place, please email [log in to unmask] by

12.00pm Thursday 22nd May 2008.

Please indicate if you have any accessibility or dietary requirements at the time of booking.

This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies. Please do not disclose, copy, or distribute information in this email nor take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please inform us that this message has gone astray before deleting it

Please note that views expressed in this email are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Higher Education Academy

Please note that this e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us

Although we have taken steps to ensure this e-mail and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free

The Higher Education Academy Registered No 4930131