Hi,

Our Crematorium manager is wanting to publish the Crematorium Register on our website.

These records would show the following details of the deceased -

Full Name
Age
Address
Marital Status
Occupation
Date of Death
Date of cremation
Where death was registered
What happened to the ashes.

I know the DPA does not apply to 'deceased individuals' and that the Crematorium Register is already a public document.

However I have something nagging at me that publishing their marital status and address could lead to a small minority of unscrupulous people to start contacting the widow/widower. They could do this by looking at the physical register but that could involve a fee and more effort. Publishing this on the internet make it easier for these people.

Am I being too cautious?

Comments welcome.

Thanks
Steve
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stephen Cotterill
Procurement & Technical Officer x3296
Broxtowe Borough Council
Directorate of Finance
Council Offices, Foster Avenue,
Beeston, Nottingham, NG9 1AB
Tel:  0115 917 7777
Fax: 0115 917 3577
www.broxtowe.gov.uk

View our contracts notice board: www.sourcenottinghamshire.co.uk

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachments are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this email in error please contact the IT Service Desk at Broxtowe Borough Council on [log in to unmask] or telephone 0115 917 3194.

Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents may have to be disclosed in response to a request.

This disclaimer confirms that this email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]