I do not expect anyone to be hugely successful.  But what I am doing is the best I can in order to log the issue with as many official bodies as I am able.

If 1und1.de is reputable then it must cancel the current site.  Then we chase them around web hosts until they have no eventual home.

These people just clone phone numbers until they make a hit.  It is up to the carriers to stop it, but they seem unwilling to do so.

Andrew Cormack wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Tim
Googling for v762.net brings up a number of complaints similar to yours,
over quite a long time period.

E.g.
http://www.wirelessforums.org/uk-telecom-mobile/strange-phone-message-30
064.html
http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/254733000866

Those suggest that there may be a Kenyan connection, 1und1 just being
the people who sold the domain name. (Oh, and the Google cache - I'm
*not* going direct to the website, thanks, suggests that the v762.net
website just says what I take to be "under construction" in German!)

I can't see any sign that anyone has been successful in stopping them at
source, and the mobile companies don't seem to have been much help :-(

Good luck
Andrew

--
Andrew Cormack, Chief Regulatory Adviser
JANET(UK), Lumen House, Library Avenue, Harwell Science and Innovation