Dear Dan,

This game was initially excluded from games fairs and major retailers on
the grounds it might cause offence: ironic that kids can play graphic
computer games pretending to kill Iraqis and Afghans, but not this... So
I wrote a review about it for New Internationalist which apparently
helped the producers persuade various suppliers to stock it. A little
example of how academics can be involved in conflicts over what ideas
reach the public and which get censored.

I have talked about the game in teaching and worn the 'evil balaclava'
in a lecture (players get the balaclava after spinning the axis of evil
- a pointer in the middle of the board!). I used it to illustrate
simplistic visions of the world. Student feedback indicated it was a
great improvement, but at least they remembered the lecture...  I did
think of starting a lecture playing it or doing so in tutorials but
never tried it - has anyone else?

Peace - Nick